The IT Department offers two programs which comprise of Information Technology (IT) and IT-Business with a range of choices when it comes to its specialization in Higher Diploma Level. Each program offers a flexible mode of learning to enable students to study through face-to-face classes, practical applications through the use of IT Facilities and study through its e-Learning and multimedia applications. Each program follows a certain hierarchy or levels that must satisfy its requirements. The student will undergo Certificate Level on its first year, Diploma on the following year and Higher Diploma on its last year in Salalah College of Technology.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- To educate and train Information Technology (IT) professionals to meet the demands of the economy.
- To enable the students to adapt to the professional requirements.
- To enable the graduates to communicate clearly, concisely, and correctly in the written, spoken and visual form that fulfills the needs of the market.
- To enable graduates to undertake professional activities in Information Technology, Networking, Internet and E-Security, Database and Information System (IT Business).
- To provide graduates with the necessary theoretical and applied backgrounds needed to pursue careers as Information Technology professionals in industry, business and services.
- To promote enthusiasm among students by participation in an information and scientific-based knowledge community
- To train graduates to administer network computers, troubleshoot hardware and software problems, manage data and develop Internet web pages.