DIPLOMA IN NETWORKING SPECIALIZATION
The Diploma in networking program prepares students as network specialists in the field of information and networking technology through the study of related and relevant networking concepts, with practice on its various aspects like hardware, operating system, security and management.
At the end of the program the students should be able to:
- Apply essential networking skills including installing, configuring, securing and troubleshooting the devices, protocols and services within a network infrastructure.
- Demonstrate sufficient programming skills for network related applications.
- Motivate the choice of a method by describing its advantages and limitations
The graduates should be able to:
- Communicate effectively, individually and in a team through group work and presentations.
- Understand the characteristics of the numerical method to correctly interpret the results.
- Build a simple Ethernet network using routers and switches.
- Explain the importance of data networks and the internet in supporting business communications and everyday activities.
- Describe the importance of addressing and naming schemes at various layers of data networks.
- Configure and verify routing protocol operations in a small routed network.
- Identify and describe the methods to mitigate security threats to networks.
- Develop network applications using high level languages and database skills.
- Learn to acquire new skills, independently, in order to keep their current skills.
- Demonstrate the basic skills for career development.
- Network Technician
- Field Service Technician
- Desktop Support Analyst
- Help Desk Tier 2 Support
- Support Specialist
- Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTia A+)
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT 100-105 ICND1 )
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) 100-105 ICND1
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2 (ICND2) 200-105 ICND2
BACHELOR IN NETWORKING SPECIALIZATION
The Bachelor in Networking program provides qualified networking graduates who gained a high level of understanding of the current and emerging future networking technologies, and developed skills which are highly-needed in Information & Communication Technology (ICT) industry.
At the end of the program the student should be able to:
- Apply technical skills in networking operations and administration.
- Design and configure networking components for LAN & WAN operations.
- Demonstrate high quality communication skills and professional behavior.
The graduates should be able:
- Use effective communication skills within the workplace and facilitate ethical behavior
- Understand the basic switching concepts and perform the operations of switches.
- Demonstrate the key concepts of project management.
- Understand and apply the knowledge of statistics in the field of ICT.
- Learn to acquire skills in computer security& auditing and enable them to build secured networking infrastructure.
- Understand and recognize the computer architecture of the latest PC’s.
- Design and simulate client-server based application using LAN & WAN technologies.
- Discuss the WAN technologies and network services required by enterprise networks.
- Recognize various wireless network protocols and its implementation.
- Learn to administrate common services deployed on various servers.
- Design of computer networks by using network programming concepts.
- Demonstrate and apply practical skills gained from different networking concepts and techniques.
- IT Manager
- Network Administrator
- Network Engineer
- IP Engineer
- Sales and Product Engineer
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA Routing and Switching 200-125 CCNA)
Information Technology Stream, Diploma Year 2
Name of the Specialization: Networking
|S#||Code||Course Name||Prerequisite||Type||Credit Hr||Theory||Practical||Total Hrs|
|2||ITDB201||Web Application Development I||ITIS103||MR||3||1||4||5|
|3||ITDB202||Structured Query Language||ITDB101||MR||3||1||4||5|
|4||ITNT201||Routing & Switching Essentials||ITNT103||MR||3||1||4||5|
|5||ITSY202||Network OS Administration & Security||ITSE102||MR||3||2||2||4|
|6||MATH201||Mathematics for IT||MATH1200||DR||3||2||2||4|
|7||ITSE203||Object Oriented Programming||ITSE 101||MR||3||1||4||5|
|9||ITSY201||Fundamentals of Computer Security||None||MR||3||2||2||4|
|10||ITNT203||Course Project||ITNT103 AND (ITNT201 OR ITSY202 OR ITDB201 OR ITSE203)||MR||3||0||2||2|