DIPLOMA IN SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIZATION
“The goal of this programme is to graduate students who are able to exhibit technical expertise in developing software, business practices, team-work, communication skills, lifelong learning, social awareness and ethical responsibility in order to meet market needs.”
The programme aims to enable the students to:
- Use problem- solving and technical skills in Software Development.
- Develop software using various tools
- Demonstrate principles and business practices in entrepreneurship.
- Continue the process of life-long learning through advanced degree.
- Communicate effectively, both individually and in multidisciplinary teams fostering professional ethics and social responsibility.
Upon completion of the programme, the graduates should be able to:
- Apply knowledge and skills of computing and mathematics in problem solving.
- Analyze and design a software application to meet industry needs.
- Build and evaluate applications using different platforms
- Design, create and manage the Database Systems.
- Demonstrate various skills in hardware, networking and Computer Security.
- Communicate and function effectively, individually and in a team to accomplish tasks.
- Comply with professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
The Diploma Level graduates can land to the following job/career opportunities:
- Software Engineer
- Database Designers
- E-Commerce Website Developers
- Web Developers
- Graphics Designers
Information Technology Stream, Diploma Year 1
|S#||Code||Course Name||Prerequisite||Type||Credit Hour||Theory||Practical||Total Hours|
|2||ITDB101||Introduction to Database||None||DR||3||1||4||5|
|3||ITIS101||Fundamentals of Information Technology||FPIT0001||CR||2||0||4||4|
|5||ENTW1100||Technical Writing I||FP Level 4||CR||2||2||0||2|
|6||ITNT102||Network Fundamentals I||ITNT101||DR||2||0||4||4|
|9||ENTW1200||Technical Writing II||ENTW1100||CR||2||2||0||2|
|10||ITIS104||Fundamentals of Multimedia||None||DR||2||0||4||4|
|11||ITSE102||Introduction to Operating Systems||ITSE101||DR||3||1||4||5|
|12||ITNT103||Network Fundamentals II||ITNT102||DR||3||1||4||5|