Architecture is a sequential process of conceptualization, designing and detailing of a built environment like residences, offices, hotels, hospitals, etc. It also involves application of engineering principles and technology to the design and construction of buildings and other structures. The students will also get exposure to various building materials, construction techniques and latest trends in the field of Architecture.
Provide high quality education and training that will enhance the student's creativity and logical capacity and enable him/her to communicate effectively, to be technically competent in architecture, to work to the highest ethical standards, to function in multidisciplinary teams and independently as well, to be creative and artistic, and to produce high quality architectural designs.
The program should enable the student to:
- Communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing in the professional setting.
- Work individually and in a team environment.
- Take an active role and participate in his/her career development to ensure technical competence.
- Make use of the available computer communication resources.
- Maintain and practice with the highest standards of code and ethics.
- Work on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Accurately apply architectural principles under the supervision of professionals in a professional environment. This includes:
- The use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) to produce 2D and 3D drawings.
- Production of 2D and 3D manual drawings.
- Interpretation of 2D and 3D drawings.
- Supervising work after gaining sufficient practical experience under supervision of professional.
- Producing professional presentations of designs.
- Defending decisions.
- Planning work.
- Writing building specifications under the supervisions of professionals.
- Understand and apply the knowledge of building construction, building materials, building structures, landscaping, environmental science, and history of architecture.
- Be creative and develop artistic skills.
PROGRAMME LEARNING OUTCOMES
The graduate should have the ability to
- Function in multi-disciplinary teams
- Appreciate the professional and ethical responsibility
- Communicate effectively
- Have the knowledge of contemporary issues relating to architecture
- Produce and interpret 2D architectural detail drawings
- Produce 2D and 3D architectural presentation drawings
- Produce and interpret 2D and 3D CAD drawing.
- Apply knowledge of building construction, materials, and structures
- Apply knowledge of landscaping, environmental science, and history of architecture
- Give oral presentations to design team members
- Defend decisions
- Plan work
- Analyze issues logically and creatively
- Recognize of the need for and ability to engage in lifelong learning
- Supervise work on site after gaining sufficient experience under the supervision of professionals
- Write building specifications under the supervision of professionals
- Produce creative designs
- Produce artistic designs
- Graphic Designer
- City Planner
- Town Planner
- Architecture Consultant
- Architecture Designer
- Interior Designer
- Project Architect
- Historic Preservationist
- Architectural Critic
- Landscape Planner
- Conservation Architect
- CAD & 3D Specialist
- Real Estate Developer
- Building Material Sale’s Man
- Project Manager
- Construction Manager
- Environmental Engineer
|SI||COURSE CODE||COURSE NAME||CREDIT HRS|
|1||CHEM1100||Fundamentals of Chemistry||3|
|3||ITAD1100||Advanced IT Skills||3|
|4||ENTW1100||Technical Writing 1||3|
|6||ENTW1200||Technical Writing 2||3|
|10||EECP1290||Computer Programming for Engineering||3|