The courses being offered at all levels aim to enhance the technical knowledge and skills of the students in the field of Civil Engineering, where students learn the basics of each field of specialization and then link their knowledge by working on the project related to their field.
Provide high quality education and training that will enhance the student’s creativity and logical capacity, provide him/her with a strong broad base in Civil Engineering, and enable him/her to communicate effectively, to be technically competent in Civil Engineering, to work to the highest ethical standards, to function in multi-disciplinary teams and independently, and to analyze, design and supervise the construction of different structures.
The program should enable the student to:
1. Communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing in the professional setting.
2. Work individually and in a team environment.
3. Apply the relevant civil engineering fundamentals in the professional environment.
4. Take an active role and participate in his/her career development to ensure technical competence.
5. Make use of the available computer communication resources.
6. Maintain and practice with the highest standards of code and ethics.
7. Organize work and manage his/her time in order to achieve set target.
8. Use engineering tools necessary for civil engineering practice.
9. Work on multi-disciplinary projects.
10. Accurately apply civil engineering principles in a professional environment. This includes:
10.1. Use of Computer Aided Design for producing structural drawings.
11. Interpret drawing details.
12. Assist in producing professional presentations of designs.
13. Understand and apply the principles of project management.
14. Understand and apply the principles of Civil Engineering.
15. Understand the effects of Civil Engineering on society and the environment.
The graduate should be able to:
1. Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
2. Produce structural drawings
3. Accurately interpret structural drawings
4. Function in multi-disciplinary teams
5. Identify, analyze and solve civil engineering problems
6. Appreciate the professional and ethical responsibility
7. Communicate effectively
8. Analyze issues logically and creatively
9. Recognize of the need for and ability to engage in lifelong learning
10. Have knowledge of contemporary issues relating to civil engineering
11. Use the techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for civil engineering practice
12. Apply the concepts and principles of structural analysis and design
13. Apply the concepts of project management and project finance to Civil Engineering projects
14. Use the concepts of soil mechanics in Civil Engineering
15. Apply the concepts and principles of fluids in Civil Engineering
16. Identify the basic concepts of transportation and highway design
17. Apply the basic concepts of land surveying
18. Recognize and utilize different construction materials and techniques
19. Construct plans to meet time-constrained targets
20. Professionally present designs
21. Identify and practice with the highest standards in Health, Safety and Environment
22. Inspect site work, after gaining sufficient experience under the supervision of professionals
23. Supervise construction works, after gaining sufficient experience under the supervision of professionals
- Land Surveyor
- Building Inspector
- Building Supervisor
- Structural Designer
- Site Engineer
- Physical Plant Administrator
- Building Contractor
- Construction Project Superintendent
- Project Manager
- Building Material Sale’s Man
- Construction Manager
|SI||COURSE CODE||COURSE NAME||CREDIT HRS|
|1||CHEM1100||Fundamentals of Chemistry||3|
|3||ITAD1100||Advanced IT Skills||3|
|4||ENTW1100||Technical Writing 1||3|
|6||ENTW1200||Technical Writing 2||3|
|10||EECP1290||Computer Programming for Engineering||3|