The Engineering Department is conducting various industrial projects in collaboration with National Feed Mill Co. SAOC, Oman Pharmaceutical Products Co LLC. and Carmeuse Majan LLC. These collaborative projects are perceived to bring positive results in strengthening industry-academia relationship to develop multidisciplinary strategies for sustainable projects. These collaborations greatly help to address today’s challenges in the Engineering field.
The students with their academic supervisors are working closely with industry representatives to identify and provide sustainable solutions. To ensure the quality of projects, experts in the industries are involved as external assessors along with internal assessors from the Engineering Department during the final presentation of projects.
The following are the list of project titles, company collaboration and external supervisors:
- Feed composition analysis and production process study of cattle and poultry feed in Oman National Livestock Development Company.
Company: National Feed Co. SAOC
- Dr. Yasir A. D, Nutritionist
- Dr. Habib Ur Rehman, Quality Controller
- Plant design and economics for pharmaceutical manufacturing process design of dryer and economics for tablet (Clarithromycin) production in pharmaceutical industry
Company: Oman Pharmaceutical Products Co LLC
- Mr. Badal Kumar Sasmal – R & D Head
- Studies on pre-treatment of different waste water using coagulant and design of coagulator, enhancement of soil fertility by blending rejected lime for agriculture
Company: Carmeuse Majan LLC
- Mr. Ahmed Al-Naqeeb, Director – HR & HSS
- Mr. Amitabh Shukla, Plant Manager
- Mr. Veerakaruppu, Assistant Plant Manager