On the job Training are part of a college curriculum that aims to train and orient students about the work and their future career. OJT is very important not only to teach students their chosen career but to show students the reality about working.
On the job training for students has two important points such as supply of student labor force and demand for students as the trainee.
On the job training for students, take place in an ordinary work place in work hours. So, students have the opportunity to work in the work place and gain experience. It makes on the employment training an efficient approach to learn new things. Thus, it is the most effective method for increasing employability of the graduates.
To gain professional experience related to the field of study in order to enhance the accumulated academic knowledge.
To enable the student to:
Get more adapted to the real working environment and be acquainted with Organizational Culture, Business operations and Administrative functions.
Upon completion of the Training, the student will be able to:
- Maintain disciplines of real working environment.
- Apply theories and principles learned in class to realistic job settings.
- Use appropriate procedures and equipment to perform an assigned task within a given time.
- Function in a multi-disciplinary diverse environment.
- Work within the norms of the organizational culture.
- Communicate effectively in real work environment.
- Utilize the organization’s resources to perform a multi-assigned task.
- Differentiate between different methods in problem solving related to work environment.
- Practice with the highest standards in health and safety environment.
- Use the latest technologies and equipment available at the work place.
- Work with professionals in the field of specialization.
- Distinguish between different employment trends, pros and cons, opportunity related to the field of specialization.