To expose students to an actual and hands-on learning experience, the English Language Forum (ELF) organized an educational tour to Salalah International Airport on the 13th of February 2018.
Enthusiastic to be submerged into a new cultural experience, eleven students and three teachers from the English Language Center (ELC) of Salalah College of Technology (SCT) were given the opportunity to visit the airport.
The visit consisted of a warm welcome on arrival by Mr. Hassan Sami Kashoob; a PowerPoint presentation on health and safety by Mr. Hussain Al Muraza; a tour to the Operational Room, dubbed as the brain of the airport; a lecture on the entire operation of the airport; a visit to the airport lounge; and a shopping spree at Duty Free.
Mr. Salim Al-Mashani, ELF Chairperson believed that embarking on an educational tour is invaluable for students’ development and understanding because it opens their eyes to new environments and positively shapes their perspective on an international level.
The ELF expressed its sincerest gratitude to the following for making the airport visit a success:
- Mr. Salim Awadh Al Yafai , Manager of Salalah International Airport, for permitting the visit;
- Staff of Salalah International Airport for their hospitality and assistance;
- Dr. Hamdan Al-Manthari, SCT Dean, for endorsing the request letter;
- Mr. Saeed Al-Mashiki, Head of ELC, for his relentless support to the ELF;
- Mr. Nasser Al Daan, Head of Department on Administration, for arranging the transportation;
- Ms. Gail Ann Maria Macgowan and Dr. Felicius Grace, ELF members, for accompanying the students.