Computer Services Section
The Computer Services Section (CSS) is one of the three sections of ETC that plays an important role in providing Information and Communication Technology (ICT) support in Salalah College of Technology for academic and non-academic departments and giving technical assistance to all staff and students as well.
The CSS is driven by the college’s needs, a changing technological environment, and resource constraints to:
- Support Network Infrastructure and the Servers Network administrator, and supervise and update the college website;
- Establish a comprehensive database on the entire operations, facilities and contents of the college;
- Develop information systems related to students’ admission and registration as well as to the college library;
- Support hardware and software security;
- Supervise the computer labs of the academic and administrative departments with the required computers and maintain them;
- Study and analyze new technology requirements for the college;
- Maximize overall performance by providing quality training for the effective use of computing resources in the workplace;
- Ensures that its services meet the needs of the college now and in the future by anticipating relevant trends.
- Introduce and modify training program offerings in response to and in anticipation of changing technologies and campus needs;
- Provide training in the use of technologically-current operating systems, application software, and hardware;
- Provide resources, expertise, and opportunities for on-going learning about computing and information technology.
Head of Computer Services Section Responsibilities and Authorities (Article 19B)
The Head of the Computer Services, who is a teaching staff member, will have the following responsibilities and authority:
- Supervising the operation, administration and maintenance of the computer network.
- Updating the college website.
- Providing IT training to students and staff, to keep in pace with the developments in IT.
- Establishing a comprehensive database on the entire operations, facilities and contents of the college.
- Developing information systems related to students’ admission and registration as well as to the college library.
- Safeguarding the confidentiality of data and information.
- Supervising the furnishing of the academic and administrative departments with the required computers and maintaining them.
- Evaluating staff performance and forwarding the appraisal forms to the Head of the Educational Technology Center.
- Carrying out any other tasks assigned by the Head of the Educational Technology Center.