Administrative Decision No. 12/2021
- In accordance with the Royal Decree No. (76/2020) to establish the University of Technology and Applied Sciences,
- The Bylaws of Colleges of Technology issued by Ministerial Decision No. (72.2004)
- And in the best interest of good work it was been decided:
Article No. 1: Health and Safety Committee is reviewed and new members are inducted.
Article No. 2: The members are as follows :
|1||Dr. Mohammed Salim Al Maashani||Lecturer – Engineering Department||Chairperson|
|2||Dr. Syed Aqeel Ashraf||Lecturer – Engineering Department||Member|
|3||Mr. Muhammad Azeem Qureshi||Lecturer – IT Department||Member|
|4||Mr. Ishaq Sharif Dawood||Lecturer – Business Department||Member|
|5||Mr. Armando del Mundo||Technician – Educational Technology Center||Member|
|6||Mr. R. Anurag Rajeev Thota||Lecturer – English Language Center||Member|
|7||Ms. Mayada Ahmed Al Ojaili||College Nurse – Students Affairs||Member|
|8||Mr. Said Ofuit Al-Hadri||Staff – Administration and Finance||Member|
|9||Mr. Salim Ahmed Al-Mashani||Staff – Admission and Registration Department||Member|
Article No. 3: The terms of refernce of the Committee are as follow :
- Ensures proper and suitable implementation of health and safety system in the College.
- Reviews the implementation of health and safety policies and recommend necessary improvements.
- Reviews health & safety reports received regularly from the Departments and Centers and takes necessary actions.
- Addresses health and safety issues that require immediate attention.
- Ensures that relevant information on emergency teams composed of trained fire wardens and first aiders are posted in all buildings.
- Maintains coordination with national and regional organizations concerned with health and safety.
- Raises awareness of good health, safety and welfare practices among staff and students in the college through trainings, seminars and workshops.
- Raises awareness of health and safety through the college website (H&S Portal) and the college social media.
- Identifies the hazardous areas and safety needs of the departments/centers/units and suggests needed improvements.
- Ensures that the general operating guidelines for labs and workshops (that are part of QSMs) are strictly followed and implemented.
- Checks the facilities and safety requirements such as fire aid kits, emergency exit marking, firefighting system, assembly points and etc.
- Facilities the annual mock evacuation and fire drills.
- Maintains a complete record of accidents in the College and submit to deans’ office for discussion in the College Council and undertakes necessary improvements actions.
- Submits an annual report to the College Council about the condition of health and safety in the College, including recommendations for improvements.
- Coordinates with the Risk Management Committee.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the implementation of all planned H&S programs and activities indicated in the department/center/unit H&S Action Plans.
Article No. 4: This decision shall be effective from the date of issue