It is a field of study which deals with the generation, transmission, distribution and protection of electrical power. This involves designing, planning, developing, manufacturing and working with electrical equipment and systems. Electrical engineers are involved in various fields like planning and estimation of electrical wiring, designing, control and manufacturing of electrical machinery, optimization of power usage, design and installation of renewable energy systems, etc. They also contribute in various domestic and industrial power applications, telecommunication and entertainment systems, space exploration, automobile industry, defense applications, etc. Graduates of electrical engineering can work globally.
To provide our graduates an integrated educational experience that develops their ability to apply pertinent knowledge to solving problems in the engineering technology specialty. To prepare our students for immediate employment, and provide them with the sufficient foundation to continue upper-division studies. To expand scientific and engineering knowledge by preparing our graduates for employment as technician supervisors, power analysts and engineering technologists through innovative research and hands-on training that responds to the need and challenge of our ever-changing world.
The program should enable the student to :
- Contribute to society in a broad range of careers.
- Flourish professionally in an increasingly international and rapidly changing diverse world
- Effectively understand, use, and develop modern power engineering technologies and concepts.
- Develop skills for clear communication and responsible teamwork, and to inculcateprofessional attitudes and ethics, so that one is prepared for the complex modern work environment.
- Acquire sufficient breadth and depth for successful subsequent undergraduate study, or lifelong learning.
- Develop and apply critical thinking skills, enhancing the ability to address unstructured problems specific to technical specialties in power engineering.
- Acquire the technical and managerial skills necessary to enter careers in design, application, operation and maintenance in power systems.
PROGRAMME LEARNING OUTCOMES
The graduate to should have the ability to:
- Demonstrate an appropriate mastery of the knowledge, techniques, skills and tools necessary for modern engineering, including the use of productivity software and computer programming, effectively in the practice of power engineering.
- Apply the knowledge of:
- Sciences and engineering to the analysis of power engineering processes and systems
- Foundation mathematics, including basic calculus and linear algebra, in support of power engineering systems.
- Advanced mathematics, including calculus, linear algebra, probability and statistics, complex variables, vector calculus and discrete mathematics necessary to analyze and design complex electrical and power electronics devices.
- Statistics/probability, transforms methods, or applied deferential equations in support of power systems.
- Conduct standardized field and laboratory testing on power people from diverse backgrounds
- Design and conduct experiments in power engineering, make engineering measurements, analyze and interpret data, and apply experimental results to improve processes.
- Apply creativity and critical thinking in
- Analyzes, design, and implementation of power systems.
- Analyze and implementation of high voltage engineering systems.
- Function effectively on multidisciplinary teams involving people from diverse backgrounds
- Identify and address problems in power engineering
- Communicate effectively through a series of peer and faculty review, to include oral and written reports.
- Employ study skills and computer knowledge for lifelong learning for a successful career in power engineering.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the professional and ethical responsibilities incumbent upon the practicing power engineer.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of contemporary global and societal issues and their relationship to professional ethics and engineering solutions.
- Demonstrate commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
- Machine Operator
- Sales Engineer – Electrical products
- Estimation Engineer
- Quality Control Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Project Manager
- Maintenance Engineer
Diploma 1st Year
|SI||COURSE CODE||COURSE NAME||CREDIT HRS|
|1||CHEM1100||Fundamentals of Chemistry||3|
|3||ITAD1100||Advanced IT Skills||3|
|4||ENTW1100||Technical Writing 1||3|
|6||ENTW1200||Technical Writing 2||3|
|10||EECP1290||Computer Programming for Engineering||3|