NETWORK AND INFORMATION SECURITY SPECIALIZATION
ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN INFORMATION SECURITY
Program outcomes for Advanced Diploma in Information Security:
- Analyze and evaluate the Information security needs of an organization
- Implement the concepts of confidentiality, availability, and integrity in information assurance, including physical, software, devices, policies, and people
- Conduct an Information Security risk assessment, basic security policy and procedures
- Design and develop a security architecture/ solution for an organization
- Use ethical hacking to perform penetration testing, and collect information about Information Security Vulnerabilities
- Measure the performance and troubleshoot Information security systems
- Employ firewalls, VPNs, and stateful packet inspection techniques to harden networks
- Work productively in a team or individually to achieve common goals
BACHELOR IN INFORMATION SECURITY SPECIALIZATION
This program aims to produce highly competent and progressive graduates possessing up-to-date knowledge and technical skills, by offering an integrated and comprehensive curriculum of networking and information security to meet the requirements of the IT industry.
Objectives: At the end of the program the student should be able to:
- Substantially understand the underlying concepts pertaining to diverse areas of networking and information security
- Effectively apply their knowledge and skills to build, maintain and support the networking and security infrastructure of an organization.
- Exhibit sound professional behavior by harnessing essential attitudes, qualities and skills sought by the employers.
Program outcomes for bachelor’s in Information Security:
- Analyze a complex Information Security problem and apply principles of Information Security to identify solutions
- Employ a layered approach to hardware, operating systems, middleware, and applications to produce high-availability services
- Measure the performance of security systems within an enterprise-level information system.
- Identify and correct programming and software architecture mistakes that lead to application security vulnerabilities
- Formulate, update, and communicate short- and long-term organizational Information security policies and strategies
- Use Information/computer forensics to gather evidence, and analyze digital evidence to resolve security vulnerabilities in an organization
- Work productively on a team or individually to achieve common goals, including the ability to lead a team
- Practice professional, ethical, legal, security, and social responsibilities
- Ability to build simple local area networks (LAN) that integrate IP addressing schemes, foundational network security, and perform basic configurations for routers and switches.
- Ability to perform basic network security configurations, identify and mitigate LAN security threats, and configure and secure a basic WLAN.
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot enterprise networks, and learn to identify and protect against cybersecurity threats.
- Work Ethic
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Chief Information Officer
- IT Manager
- Network Administrator / Security Administrator / Server Administrator
- Network Security / Cyber Security Specialist
- Network Operations Analyst / Cyber Security Analyst
- Network / Security Engineer
- Network / Security Technician
- Sales and Project Engineer
- Network/Security Technician
- Desktop Technician
Information Technology Stream, Diploma Year 3
Name of the Specialization: Information Security
|YEAR - 3|
|S#||Code||Course Name||Prerequisite||Type||Credit Hr||Theory||Practical||Total Hrs|
|1||ITSY301||Introduction to Cryptography||None||MR||3||2||2||4|
|2||ITSY302||Network Security Assessment||ITSY201||MR||3||2||2||4|
|4||Major Elective 1||ME||3|
|6||ITSY303||Web Applications Security||ITDB201 OR ITSY201||MR||3||2||2||4|
|7||ITSY304||Network Perimeter Security||ITSY201 AND ITNT201||MR||3||2||2||4|
|8||ITNT403||Linux Administration I||ITSE102||MR||3||1||4||5|
|9||Major Elective 2||ME||3|
|10||MATH311||Probability and Statistics for Information Technology||MATH1102||DR||3||2||2||4|
Advanced Diploma level for Information Security (Major Electives)
|S#||Code||List of Electives||Prerequisite||Credit Hrs||Theory||Practical||Contact Hrs|
|1||ITSE301||Mobile Application Development||ITSE203 + ITIS103||3||1||4||5|
|2||ITNT309||Internet of Things Fundamentals||ITSE203||3||2||2||4|