The Head of the Finance Department will have the following responsibilities and authority:
- Preparing the annual budget and presenting annual reports.
- Executing purchase orders, filling in the required documents, supervising expenditures, scrutinizing documents and recording journal entries, in compliance with the government’s financial rules and regulations.
- Maintaining petty cash, auditing its records and ensuring its compliance with the government’s auditing regulations.
- Supervising the college payroll.
- Supervising the college cash, participating in its annual count, and performing audit.
- Making use of the modern financial systems, and suggesting the necessary modifications on the college financial systems, rules and regulations in coordination with the college and the ministry professionals.
- Evaluating staff performance and forwarding the appraisal forms to the Assistant Dean for Administrative and Financial Affairs.
- Carrying out any other tasks assigned by the Assistant Dean for Administrative and Financial Affairs.