His Excellency Dr. Saeed Hamad Al-Rubaie, Vice-Chancellor of the University of Technology and Applied Sciences, visited the University Branch in Salalah on October 16th, 2022 as part of his inspection visits through the various branches of UTAS. The Vice-Chancellor’s delegation was welcomed by the management team of UTAS-Salalah headed by the Dean, Dr. Mohammed Rashid Al Mamari and the University Council members.
HE, the Vice-Chancellor opened the assembly by conveying the progress concerning the new academic programs, the merging process of the University branches, the link of the University to the industry and the community, and the initiatives being undertaken to improve the capabilities of UTAS. His Excellency likewise relayed his belief that the staff and students are the University’s greatest assets and so, our institution should work to enable them to fulfil their full potential to become experts in their respective fields and in return, be resources as consultants to the industry and community.
Following are the main highlights of His Excellency’s visit:
• Meeting with the members of the University Council in Salalah. The Dean together with the Council members presented the current status, profile and progress of the branch in terms of students, staff, resources as well as the achievements and accomplishments of the branch in the aspects of research and innovation, staff and student activities, industry and community engagement and other initiatives towards the fulfillment of UTAS’s Vision and Mission.
• Launching of the website of the 1st Sustainable Energy Conference which is scheduled on February 15-16, 2023. The conference website was launched by HE, the Vice-Chancellor.
• Meeting with the heads of the various academic and administrative bodies in the branch.
• Meeting with the new members of the Student Advisory Council, where HE, congratulated the new members and relayed ideas that may contribute to the development of the work system at the University branch and lead to the development of the educational process. A short forum convened to discuss key issues and explore important topics impacting the students’ educational experience at the University and the management’s perspective to the queries and concerns.
• Examination and visit of the new classrooms of the English Language Center.
HE, the Vice-Chancellor, relayed his sincere appreciation and gratitude to the entire UTAS-Salalah community for their hard work and dedication as well as the support that they have extended to the University management. Finally, the VC reassured that the University management recognizes UTAS-Salalah for its outstanding contributions to the success of the entire University and he looks forward to its continued success.