The ELC Health and Safety (H&S) and Risk Management (RM) Committees once again rose up to the challenge in helping prepare for the in-person GFP Final Exams for semester 1 conducted from December 20, 2020 to January 6, 2021.
The following steps were taken, adhering to the guidelines prescribed by the Ministry of Health and the Supreme Committee, in dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic:
- The security near the entrance of the college, at the ELC building, and the outsourced labs was augmented.
- Additional custodians were brought in to sanitize the exam halls between each exam session.
- Staff from the Student Affairs controlled the flow of students from the student parking lot to the exam locations.
- A temperature scanner was installed at the entrance of the ELC building.
- Auto dispensing sanitizing machines were mounted at the entrance of the ELC building.
- Spray hand sanitizers were provided in all the classrooms and labs.
- Masks, gloves, and paper tissue boxes for staff and students were provided in all the classrooms and labs.
- The chairs in the classrooms were arranged so as to maintain social distancing.
- Each floor had an in-charge staff member to regulate the flow of students and to ensure that students did not congregate in the corridors.
- Students who had any symptoms of cold, cough, shortness of breath were not allowed to take the exam.
Mr. Saeed Al-Mashiki, Head of the ELC, commended the said committees, the SCT Administration, the ELC Afternoon Shift In-Charge, the ELC staff, and the ELC custodial workers for their help during this period.