Monday, 15 February 2021 11:16

Faculty development program to the staff members on ‘Functioning of e-learning with a special focus on communication and collaboration platform, the Microsoft Teams'

Rate this item
(0 votes)

Human Resource Development (HRD) Committee of Business Studies Department (BSD) of ‘University of Technology and Applied Sciences’ has organized a faculty development program to the staff members on ‘Functioning of e-learning with a special focus on communication and collaboration platform, the Microsoft Teams'.

The faculty development program was scheduled on Monday, 21st September, 2020. The facilitator for the program was Dr. Suresh Esakki – E-Learning Coordinator. Mr. Junn Eric-System Administrator, from ETC was available during the program as a support for further clarifications of the participants.

 During the session, the facilitator, explained the functioning of e-learning focusing on ‘how to login’, ‘how to enroll the students in e-learning’, ‘setting-up of online sessions in e-learning’, ‘uploading videos by using MS-Stream’, ‘usage of Turnitin software in e-learning’ and ‘uploading of files using one drive’.

 The session was participative as staff members were clearing their doubts during the session. All the participants were enthralled to get aware with the e-learning mechanism and could experience the hands-on training. Along with the facilitator, Mr. Junn Eric was actively involved in clearing doubts and queries of the participants.

Presently, because of Covid-19, only 70% of staff members are reporting to office and the remaining 30% are on 'work from home' basis. Maintaining the standard practices of social distancing, only few staff members were present in the live session, the rest of the staff members including 30% on ‘work from home’ attended the online session (Webinar).  

Additional Info

  • Academic Year: AY 2020-2021
  • Semester: 1st Semester
Read 771 times Last modified on Sunday, 30 January 2022 09:30

 

  • University of Technology and Applied Sciences - Salalah
  • Address: Thumrait Rd. Salalah, Dhofar, Sultanate of Oman, P.O. Box 608, Postal Code. 211
  • Phone: +968 232 23402
  • Fax: +968 232 23400
canlı bahis siteleri